Tonight is our first softball practice of the season. B started playing last Spring and it was quite exciting to see her get her first hits. It was also lovely because Hubs grew up playing ball and volunteered to Shuttle B back and forth to and from all of her practices.
Since then he has started Crossfitting. Our box offers a 2 day a week membership, but for two specific classes. This year, it looks like those classes are going to overlap with t-ball. Of course. Such is motherhood.
The spring is highly chaotic around these parts. In addition to our regularly scheduled programming (work, crossfit, life….) and t-ball, the spring is incredibly chaotic for both Hubs and I at work. I have started my countdown to the last day of school already. 60 school days until freedom.
Grilling provides a lot of flavor without a lot of work. This recipe is also wonderful because carne asada is (relatively) cheap. I picked up some grassfed carne asada for $8 a pound.
- 2 pounds carne asada steak
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Combine all of the spices and rub them on the outside of the carne asada.
- Grill meat until it is just cut through. This will depend on the thickness of your meat.
- Serve with guacamole and your favorite rice (use cauliflower rice to make it paleo) and guacamole.