These pumpkin pancakes have just a hint of orange flavor which makes them extra special. I made these during my meal prep session this weekennd to be reheated for breakfast during the week.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp grassfed butter or coconut oil, melted plus additional for the pan
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- zest of 1 orange
- Crack and whisk the eggs until they are well combined.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Heat a pan or gridle over medium low heat and add your fat of choice. Cooking these pancakes slowly helps make sure that they are fluffy and cooked all the way through.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter onto your pan into circular pancakes. Allow to heat for approximately 3 minutes, or until large bubbles start to form on the pancake. Flip the pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and continue with your remaining batter.
- Serve with additional butter and syrup.