After cooking on Saturday for B’s birthday party, spending Sunday meal prepping sounded pretty awful. We had enough leftovers to get us through a couple days, but not much more. By Tuesday we had almost no food and no plan. I had chicken and potatoes, but when I proposed that for dinner B acted like I stabbed her favorite stuffy.
This recipe was created in an attempt to rebrand chicken and potatoes so that B would eat it.
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breasts, cubes
- 1/2 pound of bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 pound potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Ranch dressing (also available on Thrive Market and Amazon)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Green onions, chopped
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix potatoes, bacon, garlic and onion powder, paprika and salt in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring after about 20 minutes.
- Combine chicken and ranch dressing and then stir into the potatoe mixture. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add green onions and parsley and serve.