My daughter will not eat eggs. If she can see them, they won’t go into her mouth. As I have said before, I love them. That makes breakfast a bit of a challenge, especially when I am scrambling to get to work by 7:30 am.
I like to have these sausages on hand to give to her for breakfast, but it is also great in a sausage potato soup.
- 20 oz ground pork
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-2 tsp cooking oil of choice (bacon fat is my favorite!)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. I find that combining these with my hands works best.
- Melt your fat of choice over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Portion out your sausages to the desired size. I use an ice cream scoop to get consistent sized portions and then pat them down into patties.
- Cook In small batches for 3-4 minutes per side until they are cooked through.
This makes about 12-14 sausages.