We just got home from our family Crossfit night. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, my daughter B goes to a Crossfit Kids class. Our box also offers an outdoor WOD at the same time. Going to that class is a no brainer because my kiddo is occupied and happy while I am getting my workout in.
The only downside is that we don’t get home until about 6:15. During the winter, when it is dark so early, my daughter is usually tucked in bed by 7:30. That doesn’t leave a lot of time for dinner prep. Also, I still have quizzes to print for my classes tomorrow.
Tonight, we had my Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings that I prepped last night. After a WOD, I also like something a little more carb heavy on my plate, so I decided to make these super easy homefries. They shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes from start to finish.
Also, if you aren’t sure if potatoes are considered paleo or not… it depends on who you ask. And if you ask me…. We eat them.
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes, cut to your desired size*
- 1-2 tbsp bacon grease (sub butter or coconut oil if you don’t have any)
- 3 green onions
- Put cubed potatoes in a microwave safe bowl. I usually cut them and place them directly into my 4-cup measuring cup like this one.
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes.
- When the microwave has about a minute left, add your bacon grease to a large pan and melt on medium heat. When the potatoes are done, add them to the melted grease. (Be careful, the moisture can cause some splattering!)
- Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes on medium to medium high heat, stirring occasionally making sure not to let them burn. When you have about 2 minutes left, chop your green onions and add them to the potatoes.
- Serve hot. These make an excellent side for any meal.
* Smaller potatoes will cook faster and be crispier.