A lot of people have success doing all of their meal prep on Sunday. I have found that when I do that, we are mostly out of food by Thursday. Is it possible that my family’s appetite directly correlates with the amount of food that’s in the fridge. Make more = eat more?
I also am one of the many people who struggle with eating well on the weekends. I plan my meals to the most minute detail Monday through Thursday, but wrongly assume that when I have more time on the weekends, that it will be easier to make decisions. In reality, my lack of planning through the weekends has made it easy for my family to land face first into a plate of nachos. (Mmmhhh….Nachos!)
So, more recently I have made Wednesday my second meal prep day.
I try to always go to the gym on Monday nights because it feels so good to start my week off right. My daughter attends Crossfit Kids classes on Tuesday and Thursday, so these are guilt free gym nights. That makes Wednesday my most logical rest day. Wednesday is also the day that our local grocery store releases their weekly ad. I can almost always get inspiration from what is on sale that week.
Tonight I did my mid-week trip to the store. Here is what I made:
- Sauteed Rainbow Chard with Lemon (dinner tonight, breakfast tomorrow)
- Pan Seared Grassfed Sirloin Steak (dinner tonight, lunch tomorrow for me and B)
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries (dinner tonight, breakfast for B tomorrow)
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings (post Crossfit dinner tomorrow, lunch Friday)
- Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts (lunch tomorrow, dinner tomorrow)
- Easy Weekday Homefries ~ Recipe coming soon! (dinner tomorrow night)
Friday night, we will have leftovers, or something from the freezer. I start my meal planning,grocery shopping and prep for the week again on Saturday so that I can beat the Sunday rush at the store.
What is your meal prep schedule?